WILLIAMSON – The Williamson Health and Wellness Center held a luncheon on Tuesday to honor several organizations and volunteers that have helped to make the community a better place to live.
Nate Siggers, who works with Amizade, served as master of ceremonies for the event.
Dr. Dononvan “Dino” Beckett, who is the President of the Wellness Center, spoke briefly at the event.
Those honored who received certificates were as follows:
• Mingo County Board of Education, Dreama Dempsey and Jeff Reynolds
• Coalfield CAP, Linda Siggers
• Williamson Farmers Market, Doug Dudley
• Logan Mingo Mental Health, Durand Warren
• Community Garden, Lonnie Bowen
• Sacred Heart, Debby Bowen
• Williamson Park Board, Brandon Ball
• Alyson Akers, Kermit K- Pre-8
• Tug Valley Road Runners Club, Alexis Batausa
• SWVCTC, Rita Roberson
• STOP Coalition, Josh Murphy
Several members of the Fulbright Scholars, six from the U.S. and six representing foreign encounters were also in attendance. They are in town volunteering at the community garden in East Williamson.
(Kyle Lovern is the Managing Editor for the Williamson Daily News. He can be contacted at [email protected] or at 304-235-4242, ext. 2277 or on Twitter @KyleLovern.)