Election Day arrives
WILLIAMSON — Election Day has arrived.
All across the country, American citizens will cast their ballots to choose who they think should lead them. Many seats are up for grabs at the national, state and county levels.
Polls open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m. If anyone is unsure on where their polling place is, visit the secretary of state’s website at www.sos.wv.gov and click the “Find your polling place” banner or contact the Mingo County clerk at 304-235-0330.
In Mingo County, citizens will be able to vote at the vote national level for:
• President of the United States: Barack Obama and Joe Biden (D), Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan (R), Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala (M), Gary Johnson and James P. Gray (L), Randall Terry, (N/A).
At the state level, residents can vote for:
• U.S. senator: Joe Manchin III (D), John R. Raese (R), Bob Henry Baber (M).
• U.S. representative, 3rd district: Nick J. Rahall II (D), Rick Snuffer (R).
• Governor: Earl Ray Tomblin (D), Bill Maloney (R), Jesse Johnson (M), and David Moran (L).
• Secretary of state: Natalie E. Tennant (D), Brian Savilla (R).
• Treasurer: John D. Perdue (D), Mike Hall (R).
• Auditor: Glen B. Gainer III (D), Larry V. Faircloth (R).
• Commissioner of agriculture: Walt Helmick (D), Kent Leonhardt (R).
• Attorney general: Darrell V. McGraw Jr. (D), Patrick Morrisey (R).
• Justice of the Supreme Court of Appeals (vote for not more than two): Letitia “Tish” Chafin (D), Robin Jean Davis (D), John Yoder (R), Allen Loughry (R)
• State senator: Mark Wills (D), Bill Cole (R).
• Member of house of delegates: Justin J. Marcum (D), Mike Baisden (R).
At the county level, Mingo Countians can vote for:
• County commissioner: David L. Baisden (D).
• Prosecuting attorney: C. Michael Sparks (D).
• Assessor: Ramona J. Mahon (D).
• Sheriff: Eugene Crum (D).
• Magistrate (vote for not more than three): Dee Sidebottom (D), “Big” Dal Toler (D), Pam Newsome (D).
• Surveyor: Jimmy Lee Webb (D).
Each seat also has the option to write-in a candidate.
Voters will also vote on a constitutional amendment, either for or against the repeal of the two consecutive term limitation for sheriffs.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices