WILLIAMSON - A Tennessee man indicted for first-degree murder along with two child neglect resulting in death charges are among 26 indictments handed down by the Mingo County Grand Jury.
John Fitzgerald Hayes, 47, of Sweetwater, Tenn., was indicted for the murder of 58-year-old Robert “Cottontop” Workman.
Hayes is accused of killing Workman in May of 2011 by striking him with a rock. Documents say he then wrapped the body in a rug, put it in his car and drove to the Grapevine Fork of Beech Creek where he dumped it. Workman’s body was found there, near his home.
Christy Lynn Chafin, 26, of Gilbert, was indicted for child neglect resulting in death. Authorities say Chafin’s two year old son was unconscious and discolored, but she neglected to provide medical attention. The child died.
Britanny Scott, 25, was also indicted for child abuse resulting in death in connection with the death of her 5-month-old. Police say on March 18 Scott checked on the infant at 9 a.m. and then found him at 2:30 that afternoon, inside a garbage bag and unresponsive. The child was pronounced dead at Williamson Memorial Hospital.
Also indicted by the Grand Jury were:
• Travis Hammond was indicted for burglary, grand larceny and conspiracy to commit burglary.
• Benny Lee Horn was indicted for grand larceny and conspiracy to commit grand larceny.
• Kenneth James Ingersoll was indicted for wanton endangerment and attempted burglary.
• Delbert Ray Justice was indicted for entry of a building other than a dwelling, conspiracy and grand larceny.
• Paul Wayne Maynard, Jr., indicted for grand larceny and two counts of entry of a building other than a dwelling.
• Clinton Wade McCoy was indicted for two counts of entry of a building other than a dwelling.
• Shawn Douglas Mills was indicted for burglary, grand larceny and conspiracy.
• Tasha Rena Mitchem and Anthony Lamont Woods were indicted for possession with intent to deliver cocaine and marijuana and two counts of conspiracy.
• Kevin Lynn Smith was indicted for conspiracy and two counts of grand larceny.
• Clifford Eugene Waller was indicted for grand larceny and two counts of burglary.
• Dustin Thomas Wicker was indicted for burglary, grand larceny, conspiracy and possession of oxycodone with intent to deliver.
• Diane Lynn Elliot was indicted for first-degree larceny and assault during the commission of a felony.
• Christopher Griffin and Janet Griffin were indicted for possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, conspiracy and child neglect creating risk of injury.
• Casey Ryan Cantrell and Martin Ray Cline were indicted for burglary, grand larceny and conspiracy.
• Robert Lee Lovett was indicted for possession of oxycodone and alprazolam with intent to deliver.
• Justin Lee Mullins was indicted for possession of oxycodone with intent to deliver.
• Allen Keither Brewer was indicted for escape from custody.
• Sammy Lane was indicted for grand larceny.
• Michael Anthony Fleming was indicted for two counts of wanton endangerment.
• Kayla McDonald was indicted for counterfeiting.