Last updated: August 30. 2014 12:31AM - 1506 Views

WDN PhotoThe ribbon cutting was held this past week for the new Ambassador Christian School which is located at the old Williamson Middle School site. The school is a consolidation of Regional Christian of Delbarton and Williamson Christian of Williamson.
WDN PhotoThe ribbon cutting was held this past week for the new Ambassador Christian School which is located at the old Williamson Middle School site. The school is a consolidation of Regional Christian of Delbarton and Williamson Christian of Williamson.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

By Hayley M. Cook


hcook@civitasmedia.com


WILLIAMSON – A newly consolidated Christian school in Williamson celebrated with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Monday.


Ambassador Christian Academy is the name of the new school, which has been in the works for several months now.


Many of the registered students, their parents, school employees and both school principals were present at the event.


Formed by the merger of Regional Christian School of Delbarton and Williamson Christian School, Ambassador Christian Academy were invited last December by the Mingo County Commission’s office to occupy the former Williamson Middle School building, as it was the county commission’s desire for a Christian school to occupy the facility.


In a press release from June of this year, it was announced the school’s name chosen to reflect the Scriptural mandate of 2 Corinthians 5:20, “Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.”


Comments
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Williamson Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com