Multiple arrests by Mingo County law enforcement

August 30, 2013

Rachel Baldwin

Staff Writer

WILLIAMSON - According to criminal complaints the Williamson daily News acquired from the Mingo County Magistrate Court, the following individuals have been arrested within the past week.

Justin Lee Baisden, 24, of Delbarton, was placed under arrest by Mingo County Sheriff’s Department (MCSD) Cpl. Phillip Muncy and Deputy E. Williams on charges of domestic battery.

The arrest report states that the defendant did enter the residence of Misty Crabtree, his girlfriend, and began yanking her by her hair and yelling curse words at her. She was able to flee the residence and went to a neighbor’s home for assistance. Baisden was located a short time later and was taken into custody.

Basiden was arraigned before Mingo County Magistrate Pam Newsome and was released from custody after meeting requirements and stipulations of his bond.

Frankie Elwood Fields, 24, of Williamson, was arrested by Williamson Police Officer J. Marcum and was charged with disorderly conduct, obstructing an officer and public intoxication. Marcum was on patrol in the vicinity of Pike Street when he overheard yelling and cursing coming from an apartment building in that location. Upon making contact with the defendant, Marcum instructed him to calm down and to stop screaming, but Fields refused. Several other incidents involving the same behavior occurred throughout a short period of time until the defendant was eventually placed under arrest.

Fields was arraigned before Magistrate Newsome and was released from custody on a $700 personal recognizance bond.

Donald Ray Howell, 38, of Kermit, was arrested by MCSD Deputy M.Mounts on charges that include false evidences and forgery of a vehicle title and/or registration.

The Deputy stated in the complaint that on August 17, he was performing a traffic stop on the defendant and observed that the temporary license plate appeared to have been altered. Upon closer investigation, he discovered that the original date of 4-9-13 and had been changed to 8-16-13.

Howell was also arraigned by Magistrate Newsome and was released after posting a $1,000 personal recognizance bond.