- Social Security Fraud - 5:45 pm
- Arraiga arraignment - 4:29 pm
- Motive in Ben Hatfield murder released - 2:09 pm
- Arriaga pleads not guilty - 2:09 pm
- Guns still not allowed in courthouse - 8:05 am
- Investigators seek motive in slaying of ex-coal executive - 4:03 pm
- WPD Officers seek legal counsel - 3:25 pm
- Second person arrested in Ben Hatfield murder - 9:22 am
- 18th Annual Shriners Car Show - 12:15 am
- My Mobile Market summer schedule - 10:00 pm updated: 10:00 pm.
- Arrest made in Ben Hatfield murder - 11:32 am updated: 3:15 pm.
- Financial crunch - 9:15 pm
- Williamson Utility Board update - 8:30 pm
- Matewan Massacre - 8:10 pm
- Body found at Maher - 6:45 pm updated: 6:45 pm.
- This Week in West Virginia History - 4:07 pm
- James W. Stultz scholarship - 4:02 pm
- Hardy pool won’t open - 12:57 pm
- Kendra Mahon joins Civitas Media - 11:56 am
- New bill offers trail riders more access options - 11:52 am
- Hatfield McCoy Regional Recreation Authority receives grant funding - 10:24 am
- Fayette County sues state BOE over schools - 10:18 am
- Kentucky participates in national ‘Click It or Ticket’ campaign - 10:10 am
- Velva Pennington selected Southern Employee of the Year. - 3:55 pm
- Strength for the Moment - 10:38 am
- Pot plants found in Williamson - 9:27 am
- Tug Valley Chamber elects new officers - 6:50 am
- James H. “Buck” Harless Memorial Business Scholarship - 7:00 pm
- Scott High bathroom incident “disciplinary issue” - 4:05 pm
- Mingo Commission holds brief meeting - 8:37 am
- Matewan to build trail monument - 7:00 pm
- Orlosky named to the Rimington Trophy Watch list - 4:31 pm
- Former Delbarton Cop arrested for sexual assault - 3:55 pm
- Chris Harris wins Ky. Primary - 2:35 pm
- Water rescue at Man - 9:46 am
- McCarr home destroyed - 9:46 am
- Canvass results - 5:30 pm updated: 9:46 am.
- Mingo holds vote canvass - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- Bark for Life - 5:00 pm
- Kermit drug arrest - 4:36 pm
- Candidates comment on election - 4:01 pm
- Williamson Kiwanis Club honors R. T. Price Jr. - 3:05 pm updated: 1:37 pm.
- Poole recognized by WFD - 2:24 pm
- Council moves forward with ambulance service - 11:55 am
- Details on Hobet site emerge - 11:08 am
- #JesusisbetterHope - 11:55 am
- Matewan Heritage Day - 4:26 pm
- Court rejects Blankenship’s bid to remain free during appeal - 3:40 pm
- W.Va. Elections results - 4:54 pm
- Blankenship to report to California prison Thursday - 4:51 pm
18th Annual Shriners Car Show
WILLIAMSON - The Tug Valley Shrine Club and the Mingo- Pike Car Club will host the 18th annual Car Show in downtown Williamson on Saturday, May 28. Th...
My Mobile Market summer schedule
WILLIAMSON – The Williamson Farmers Market has announced the My Mobile Market schedule for summer 2016.This summer, My Mobile Market will travel...
Arrest made in Ben Hatfield murder
MAHER, W. Va. – The body of a man found shot to death at a cemetery in Mingo County was identified late Monday evening as coal executive Ben Hat...
WILLIAMSON – This past weekend, Williamson Mayor Robert Carlton, released a statement indicating that due to the downturn in the local economy, ...
Williamson Utility Board update
WILLIAMSON – Williamson Mayor Robert Carlton recently released a press release providing an update on the Williamson Utility Board (WUB).In the ...
MATEWAN, W.Va. - For 16 years people from as far away as England and South Africa have enjoyed the Matewan Massacre Reenactment. The story tells of a ...
Reed signs with Herd
RED JACKET — After root, root, rooting for the home team for three seasons Lakin Reed has earned the right to advance to the next level.Mingo Ce...
Lady Pirates on a roll
GOODY, Ky. — Two RBI’s during Belfry’s first at bat by Kailee Rash and Savanna Wilson led to a 4-1 victory on Belfry’s senior ...
Pirates bested by Rebels
GOODY, Ky. — The Pirates give up three runs in the fourth and three runs in the fifth to drop the last home game of the regular season.The Belfr...
Charlotte to Host All-Star Weekend
Hard to believe but it is time for the Sprint Cup Series to invade Charlotte Motor Speedway for two consecutive weekends of racing under the lights th...
Miners come up short against Tolsia in opening round of sectionals, lose 3-0 in a stale-mate game.
FORT GAY — That’s it, that’s all, that’s all she wrote ladies and gentleman.The Mingo Central Miners ended the post season on ...
Miners leaping into State
CHARLESTON — Area teams converged on Laidley Field at Charleston University for the regional qualifier in track and field on Friday morning. The...
Judge of All Mankind
In the past few weeks I’ve talked here about the Unique Supremacy of Jesus Christ. What sets him apart from every other religious prophet or gur...
Corn Flake Meatloaf
One of my favorite comfort foods is meatloaf and this one is an old family recipe that I have tweaked over the years. It is moist and delicious and ma...
When I was growing up one of my favorite meals to share with my Grandparents was breakfast. There would be a table full of hot biscuits, sawmill gravy...
Alzheimer’s family and patients
I hate Alzheimer’s. In many ways I think it’s worse than cancer. It effects every family at some point. It’s beyond heart-breaking. ...
This Week in West Virginia History
Contact: Michael [email protected]– The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, g...
Janet’s Appalachian Kitchen
When the weather begins to warm up I immediately start thinking about salads. This one is so easy and refreshing and goes with just about anything you...
By Ralph & Elizabeth PyszkowskiGuest ColumnistsThe Obama Administration recently mandated that “transgender” students must be allowed ...
Solus Christus: Satisfaction
By Jarrod BelcherOne of the things that’s hard to understand in our present culture (maybe it’s always been hard to understand) is how God...
Manchin sets the record straight on coal
Press ReleaseWASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) today released the following statement to set the record straight against false,...
Transgender decree is both illegal and immoral
The recent decree handed down by President Obama allowing transgender students to use the bathroom they “identify with” is going way too f...
OxyContin and addiction
The following editorial appeared in the Los Angeles Times on Monday, May 9:There’s never been a secret about the addictive properties of opioid ...